5.27.2004

Songs for Ten a.m.

if the buzzing in my head is any sign
or the sensation that swells my ribs
and pushes out my eyes
from behind
from behind
i'd say i spent the night with you,
hanging accidental pearls in my hair
telling stories
and spooning melting chocolate ice cream past my lips
your pretty head intent between my thighs
and pretty hands are resting on my hips

'That's quite the collection you've got there,' I said,
as the black cloth momentarily covered my eyes.
I might have said more:
'sometimes these things remind me of another kind of darkness.'
But I felt so light and sweet, that I was able to cough out a laugh, instead.
There is something frankly winning in your voice, which always sounds so glad.
(Even thought it's clear we are both mad.)
For an hour or more I ran my hands over your skin,
talking about this and that,
There was something like a dream about it-
at last, I wound my arms around and pulled you in.

No hay comentarios.: