6.04.2004

I miss you, lovers
Come back, all of you
And let me take my pleasures like I used to do
Forget the end and spiral back to the beginning
Where memories waited fresh like flowers in plastic at the grocery store
All spangled with cold water and neon light
Come back, my lovers and tell me again for the first time
I miss your finer moments-
I miss mine
It was a long while ago
And like a novel,
I will re-read you, and if it's been long enough,
Perhaps we can forget the ending?
Please, come back lovers
Let's tell stories
Let's surprise each other
I remember your black eyelashes and green eyes
And your freckled shoulders
And your laugh
I remember
Before you belonged to someone else
Before, I was someone else
Roll back the river
Erase my lies,
these lines beneath my eyes
Oh my lovely loves
We should have done better the first time
We should have done it all better the first time

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

That is a beautiful poem...she must have had strong feelings for the guy that she's writing about. Shame it didn't work out. Maybe he feels the same way about how things ended? Maybe she'll never know. Maybe she never should?