12.14.2004

too traif, or not too traif...


Wizard of Earthsea? Sucked.

No writing last night, just a cup of Spicy Chicken flavor Ramen and some Brown Cow Cream Top yogurt (maple flavor) with fresh strawberries and aforementioned white Bordeaux. Not a bad dinner. Also baked some chicken for lunches, although Miss Kare is too Kosher to eat the fruits of my labor. On the other hand, what the heck do I know? I figured organic chicken was good enough for Jesus, or Jehovah or whoever's in charge of her diet...

Kare: actually I don't think Jesus would have eaten your chicken either, my dear...
Kare: don't take it personally
VanessaIAB: bitch.
Kare: I'm just trying to emulate the Holy One...
Kare: trying to be a good Catholic/Jew
VanessaIAB: Jews for Jesus wants YOU!
Kare: don't lump me in with those freaks...
Kare: I'm normal
Kare: NORMAL!
VanessaIAB: what. everrrrr.
VanessaIAB: don't get all up in my nonkosher grill (from which you will not eat chicken...)
Kare: hello?!
VanessaIAB: don't get all 'I'm the Thirteenth Apostle' on me!
VanessaIAB: Church of the Latter-Day Converts?


could this chicken endanger your immortal soul?



SPICY ROAST CHICKEN WITH TOMATOES AND MARJORAM
Marjoram's full flavor does all the work in this incredibly simple recipe. Serve with crusty bread to soak up the delicious juices.
24 ounces cherry tomatoes (about 4 cups), stemmed

1/4 cup olive oil
5 garlic cloves, pressed
1 1/4 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram
4 chicken breast halves with ribs

Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, crushed red pepper, and 1 tablespoon marjoram in large bowl. Place chicken on rimmed baking sheet. Pour tomato mixture over chicken, arranging tomatoes in single layer on sheet around chicken. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast until chicken is cooked through and tomatoes are blistered, about 35 minutes. Transfer chicken to plates. Spoon tomatoes and juices over. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon marjoram.


Makes 4 servings.

Bon Appétit
June 2003

No hay comentarios.: